Thursday, March 13, 2014

Miss Rock n Rodz 2012

You will remember back in October last year I traveled to Tasmania to be a judge at the Miss Rock and Rodz pinup competition.  I blogged about my trip here.

Well, the winner of that competition - Miss Cherry Bomb - won (amongst other things) a dress made by me!  She also won a photo shoot with Dollface Pinup (a photographer based in Tasmania) and here are a couple of her photos:

Photo courtesy of Dollface Pinup

Photo courtesy of Dollface Pinup

When Miss Cherry Bomb (aka Mel) contacted me to claim her prize, she gave me her measurements, and asked for a wiggle dress, and then left the rest up to me.

That was pretty scary!!!

I don't have many wiggle dress patterns so had a look on Etsy for one I liked, then wandered on over to fabric.com for some fabric I liked.  Here is what I chose:

The great thing about this pattern is it also comes with a fabulous coat pattern!  And you know how much I like my coats!!!

I was very happy when I found the fabric!  Mel has a bit of a thing for cherries, but I didn't want to serve up the usual black background with red cherries, or white background with red cherries.  When I found this lilac fabric with cherries and love hearts I knew I was onto a winner!

The dress went together like a charm, and the next thing I knew I had this lovely looking dress!

I just love that bow detail!


I wrapped it up and sent it off to Mel, crossing everything that she would love it...

AND SHE DID!!!

I haven't got any pictures of her wearing the dress yet, but I hope to have them soon!

Beccie
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Being in the U.S., I only have the vaguest notion as to where Tazmania is (an island off Australia?) but it looks like you're have a ball in that part of the world. I'm sure she'll love the dress, and wowza, what a coat pattern with the elbow sleeves and cuffs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That pattern was a win/win - a dress that my customer would be happy with AND a fabulous coat pattern for me!!!

      And yes, Tasmania is an island located below the mainland of Australia. I love Tasmania :)

      Delete
  2. I love, love, LOVE that you choose not to go with a red or white fabric with the cherries; those kinds of dresses are everywhere (frankly, I think they are so played out!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love the unexpected, and thats why I was so excited when I found this fabric :)

      Delete