Thursday, November 8, 2012

Melbourne Cup Dress : Its Cup Day!!!

So Tuesday just gone was Melbourne Cup Day - so I got to finally put the whole outfit together and wear it somewhere appropriate.

Last minute I decided that no matchy-matchy outfit of mine would be complete without a piece of custom jewellery by Lucy Luxxe... and luckily the lovely Renee had time to make me this:

Didn't she do a fabulous job getting the colours right!

I spent the night before in my hotel room painting my fingernails and toenails pink, and studying the form guide so I might look like I knew what I was talking about.

And then the big day dawned and I got to get all dolled up!!!


The whole outfit came together so well I just couldn't have asked for anything better.  I felt really pretty all day and got a lot of compliments.  One of the bookies wanted to know how long it took me to find a necklace that matched so well - I told him not long at all - I had it custom made!  It helps to know the right people!

Here is a close up so you can see just how well the necklace co-ordinated

I couldn't decide which horse to back, so I went with a box trifecta of the top four favourite horses.  Basically if any of them came in first, second and third in any order I won!

I just noticed that the ticket says welcome to Grafton Races at the top.
I was not at Grafton Races...... weird!

But none of them did!!!

Actually, that was pretty much how the day went.  I was there with five friends and none of us backed a single winner all day!!!  Very disappointing.

Here is one last photo of me and my lovely husband:

Somehow we managed to co-ordinate our outfits without trying... thats true love right there.

All in all I had a fabulous day and I loved my outfit - total success!
And a reminder, for fabulous jewellery custom made, go see Lucy Luxxe, and for the most divine fascinators, Bobbie at Madly Hatted Millinery is your girl.

Beccie
xxx

4 comments:

  1. you look fantastic!! Your hat is absolutely amazing. Is that a horse on your dress? Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so is a horse on my dress!!! I found just over a yard of vintage fabric with a border print of horses on it. There are horses on the back of the dress too :)

      Delete
  2. LOOOOOVE!!!! you both look awesome -the dress and hat = perfect!

    ReplyDelete