Thursday, June 14, 2012

The AHhhh Cardigan - finishing details

So in yesterday's post I tried to explain how I embellished my cardigan - and I gave up because it was too hard.  Pictures tell a much clearer picture!

If you want to read about the start of this cardigan and see how it looked before I stitched stuff to it, go here.

So first I stitched on some pretty scalloped-edge lace

Then I stitched on this bobble trim - each bobble is about 1.5cm in diametre

 Then I stitched on a line of these natural coloured glass pearls.

Actually I did it twice.  The first time I stitched them on with the cardigan in my lap, and they all puckered and wouldn't sit right.  So second time around I put the cardigan on my dress form and stitched them on whist standing up.  Not quite as relaxing.  Thank god for good movies!

And in the end I had this - very atonal embellishment, which is just what I wanted so I could wear it with anything.

Gee - that was sooo much easier with pictures!  I purchased more bobble trim yesterday, because now I'm going to do the same trim around the sleeve cuffs.  THEN it will be finished!

Thanks for reading

Beccie
xxx 

PS. Please excuse the size of the font - blogger is playing silly buggers


No comments:

Post a Comment