Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Inspiration!

I'm always so excited when I get new inspiration. And its even better when other things fall into place to enable me to use that inspiration!

I was reading through my blog list when I came across this one by Lilacs & Lace. In it, Laura Mae makes a fabulous striped dress from a tweaked Vogue Vintage pattern. She in turn had been inspired by a post on Sew Weekly. See, inspiration is a powerful force! Now I loved this dress as soon as I saw it, and I loved the stripes as I haven't worked with fabric with an obvious pattern yet.

Then I opened my mail, and found a Spotlight catalogue. And what do you know, they were having a sale on paper patterns (two for the price of one) and also featured a lovely set of Camelia quilting fabrics, one of which was stripes! Woohoo!!!

So guess where I went today!

SPOTLIGHT!!!

This is the Vogue Vintage reproduction pattern.
It was originally released in 1957.

And here is the stripy fabric! Isn't it beautiful!!!
Had to buy 6 metres of it would you believe

I also bought the following fabrics from the same collection:

I'm going to use them to make wiggle dresses using this vintage pattern:

So thats what I'm so excited about, and I'm really looking forward to being able to start one of these projects! Maybe this weekend...

Thanks for reading!

Beccie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment